Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hump Day

This has been one of those hump days when Friday seems further away than it did yesterday.  The day started off fine with happy greetings from metro workers. Nine hours later emerging from a government cube into a sleety jam-packed metro ride home, my mood had definitely shifted. I will never understand the compunction other's have about leaning their entire body against a pole and flinging their hair about during rush hour!

Between doing laundry and preparing for tomorrow's meetings, there wasn't much time or desire to cook something. My normal stand-by for nights like these is pasta. The powers of slowly sauteed garlic in olive oil are not to be dismissed. Plus you can toss in  whatever else you are in the mood for or have on hand and easily make a balanced meal. I opted instead for the gumbo which had been defrosting in the fridge just long enough to be at the eat it or toss it stage. While this was the responsible choice and did feed my need for the comfort of carbs it wasn't quite the same remedy. Luckily, I have some great kimchi. The resulting combo is not appealing enough to many nor picturesque to anyone that it should be shared in picture form here.But it did sated my near constant vinegary spicy craving.  So instead I will leave this post tonight with a couple of pictures from a happier day, spent at Shenandoah Valley National Park and the thought that days like to day make the others ones even nicer.


No comments:

Post a Comment