Monday, April 11, 2011

Time


A quarter of the year has already passed. The crab-apple tree outside my window is in full bloom with beautiful bursting pink blossoms serves as a reminder of fleeting time. The petals will fall like snow as the season shifts from spring to summer.  My resolution to try something new each month has progressed from starting a blog in January, fixing a lamp in February, March I took two new trips: the bus to New York and then my first Amtrak experience to Raleigh.  The trips are their own posts waiting to be written. April is still open, although only a few weeks remain. Any suggestions?

City Wildlife

 One of the challenges of trying new things is that unless it is a one-time experience like visiting New York, on-going projects become one more item to juggle   in a limited amount of time. But it is a good exercise for me to try and stick with it even if I don’t write as frequently as I had set out to do. It forces me to let go (a little) of delaying until it is just right.

Meditation, walks, leisurely meals with friends, Saturday afternoon naps with Kasmir help keep me in the present.  I suppose we are all seeking a balance, searching for ways to be appreciative of the moment so as to not be carried away with anxiety for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment