Monday, March 28, 2011

Lessons from dogsitting

1. Kasmir is too scared of dogs to come out from under the bed to remind me how hungry he is at 5am.*
2. If you get up and out early and enough on a Saturday you might just see people finishing a marathon.
3. naps and treats are to be enjoyed by everyone
4. It is easier to fit in at the dog park if you actually have a dog

Fozzie makes new friends

5. A great thing about living in DC is that you don't have to fight the hoards of tourists to see beautiful cherry blossoms, just go for a walk with a companion that must sniff every spot a dog before him has marked.



6. It takes good timing if you must first intently smell the lamp post and then sit before crossing the street and make the cross walk light.
7. Even though every pet I have ever had, has been untrained and spoiled perhaps I do have the discipline it takes if I can make Fozzie sit every time before crossing the street.
8. Homemade broth heartens the appetite homesick dogs and people alike.

*At least for one night.


Another reason to love Lincoln Park in the spring is that you never know what you will see including a girl in braids and a skirt playing catch with her dad, a man simultaneously rollerblading and smoking a cigar, kids hiding in a tree just like I did. Although pretending you are a spy in a tree I imagine is much easier to do in a city park than in a suburban neighborhood with no one else around to spy on.

If spring has sprung, can someone please remind March it's supposed to exit like a lamb? In my mind that does not mean more snow.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I am reading it at the end of a long day and it was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete